Search Unity

Need some feedback on our Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Sargon_of_Akkad, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

Hi all, I need some feedback on our Kickstarter campaign as it's not drawing in the backers as I was hoping.

Could you give me a brutally-honest critique please? I need to know precisely what to fix and I need to know quickly!

Thanks all

2. mgear

mgear

Seems ok to me.. game looks fine too, maybe you just need to advertise it in proper places/forums..? (or use paid ads too)

3. Dottim

Dottim

I'm planning to run a kickstarter for my game too somewhere in the future, and from what I've read and researched, games either make it or don't make it based on the amount of publicity, buzz and hype you can generate before you start your crowdfunding, so check your website traffic, the platforms you are talking about your game (forums, game sites, indie sites, steam greenlight, …) and see if you generate enough traffic to warrant a kickstarter right now
    also send alpha/beta/test/demo versions to every indie p/review site on the web, maybe one of them can give you a nice boost in traffic, you never know

one thing you are definitely doing right, is that you set a correct goal for your kickstarter, I recently saw a guy wanting 1.000.000 US$ and well let's be honest he probably won't make it

that's all I can give as advice, good luck I hope you make it! ;)

4. AntFitch

AntFitch

I think it looks good, BUT... I think you need a twist... something that makes your game different than other fighting games.

Looking at the video here are my thoughts:
    -In game graphics look fantastic, but when you load Kickstarter, the main video graphic looks like it might be a photo manipulation.
    -I would not show the menu screen in the video since it doesn't look finished (gui)
    -I think you need a more exciting task than what is shown (saving a museum). An orphanage full of children (or puppies!) would probably help.
    -I only see fighting. Is there something else that the player can do to break up gameplay? Maybe a village square where people can chat with each other, trade things, etc?

5. Cheburek

Cheburek

I agree with Dottim, I've seen worse games raise 10 times of what you are asking. But they had the hype train going before launching kickstarter. I've heard some people were hiring a PR agency too.

6. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

Thanks for the honest feedback guys. I had a feeling that it was about coverage, we've emailed a hundred different places so far, and it's a long and wearying process!