Search Unity

Need some advice on how to build this so it looks decent

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EwanRGR, Sep 29, 2016.

1. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

OK, I finally found a YouTube video that could walk me through the differences in importing into Unity 5, and finally got through setting all the meshes to opaque, doing the textures export for Unity, and creating a separate Character Animator that can then be attached to the character and have the animations added to it. After all that, the end result looks like:

I was glad to see the branch throwing a shadow on her, but look at the tearing of the clothes, the way that the eyes are still transparent (or something?) and so on. Of course I notice I'm getting all the white spots from the scene itself which I presume means there is an issue with using the "Autumnal Nature Pack" from the asset store with Unity 5.4.

Would I have any better luck with a different forest scene? Anyone who can recommend a character pack that would give me something like what I have, but that wouldn't be embarrassing to actually publish?

2. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

OK, so going with Forward rendering on the main camera seems to fix most of these issues, but I am still having a problem with her nostrils showing up as white or even a bit "glowing". If I never did a closeup it might not be a big problem, but that's a little impractical.

Someone mentioned taking a look at the UMA avatars, but I don't see anything that would produce a decent looking body even if I can export the Fuse materials. I'll need 3 male and 3 female characters, and animations for all. For all my gripes about Fuse, it does seem to be a full package from that aspect.

Anyone else using Fuse with Unity 5, or have I become the last one?