Search Unity

Need software for "gooey" animation

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by migueltuliompg, Apr 12, 2018.

1. migueltuliompg

migueltuliompg

Hey guys!

I've been trying to figure this out for a while so I thought maybe one of you could help me out.

I am trying to either figure out how to do this in blender or find software that is made for doing this, but I need to make animated spheres like this...

Or this...

Then I need to export them as image files.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. DimitriX89

DimitriX89

Both can be done in Blender I believe. The first can be achieved through material node editing (several maps are scrolled in different directions, then result is added up, clamped and used as bump/opacity/material mixing mask). The second would be a shape key for "broken sphere" affected by Vertex Weight Proximity modifier (vertex group determines the area affected by shape key, then contents of this vertex group are edited dynamically by Vertex Weight Proximity (dummy passes by the sphere and vgroup values change)). So research node editor, shape keys and modifiers. It wont be easy though

3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Yep, Dimitri is right. This can be done in blender.

Both examples, moreso the bottom blue sphere, are each made up of two sphere's. An outer sphere, and an inner sphere.

The outer sphere, is slightly larger than the inner sphere, and is placed over the smaller sphere, like a covering. The second example you posted, (the smaller blue sphere) is a good example of this.

Each sphere, seems to have a different material added to them. And both spheres, have different modifiers and animations, applied to them.

Note: I have no idea, which modifiers, or modifier combinations, were used
    to create the animations, in these two examples. :p

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020