Search Unity

Need help

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by amrbadawy1, Mar 2, 2019.

1. amrbadawy1

amrbadawy1

My graduation project is due to May. i am building a simple fps using ai and networking. Can anyone help me build it please ?
    Thank you in advance :)

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Good luck with graduation, on topic which takes well over year full time.
    My best advise, is look at FPS demo. And use proper thread title.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. amrbadawy1

amrbadawy1

its mainly simple so its not a long year job

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

This post may will sound harsh, but I would consider it seriously, if you thinking about graduation at all.

Just looking at your previous activity, or lack of it, since October 2018.
    Yep, like game dev is simple and easy ...
    What you got so far?
    Did you do even research on topics, what other suggested in previous thread that you have created?

Unless you got ready FPS, AI, Network frameworks ready and much much more time, If I were you, I would rather quickly change scope of the project.
    So far you have receipt for a failure.

Do you have even some decent experience in Unity, or programming languages?

In game dev for new starters specially, is nothing simple as it seams. And takes always much longer, than anticipated.
    Plus, if you are student, you will have assignments, exams, family friends, and some procrastination time. We got March, you want submit in May. Not full 2 months to go. Not even full time.

Not only title is inappropriate, as somebody doing degree, you as student should think about project, when was submitted. Not when having knife on the throat.

How you see realistically yourself accomplish your goal?
    Unless you mean 2020 May, for which I am skeptical.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. amrbadawy1

amrbadawy1

I have my FPS ready mate don't worry

6. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

You have an FPS single player that you want to convert to multiplayer?

Antypodish likes this.
  7. Antypodish

Antypodish

Please, change the thread title, to what you actually need.
    People tend to ignore post, with such vague descriptions.

In case you got you FPS, I would focus on polishing it, ensuring it has basics gameplay.
    You would be better of looking into AI, and leave networking subject for now.
    Just write on the report, section on the network and explain, why has not been implemented.
    That is completely fine.
    At least you can have working FPS with AI, if you manage to get integrated both.

LukeDawn likes this.
  8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If you're trying to convert a complete single player FPS to multiplayer in 2 months, you're at least 4 months behind schedule already, even if you already are well versed in whatever network API you're planning to use. That's a large complex undertaking unless you don't care if it turns out complete garbage.

FPS games are very intolerant of latency, so you usually have to pull a lot of magic out of your hat to make it feel very responsive while not making the clients out of sync with the server. Most other game types don't have this issue.