Search Unity

[NEED HELP]

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by pranavc1303, Mar 27, 2021.

1. pranavc1303

pranavc1303

Hello, I'm currently new to server configurations and I am currently working on Unity WebGL Project and I wanna upload the same on the server for people to access them.
    I have a few questions about the server configurations that can support the following files that has:
    1) Videos incorporated inside the Unity 3D models that will also be uploaded on the server, and will be called inside the unity builds.
    2) The project has a lot of 2D & 3D models that are present inside the project.
    3) Supporting the videos, there are a lot of hotpots that will display images and text overlays once the user interacts with them.
    I will be uploading all the above mentioned items on the server and I want to have a server configuration that will not lag or make the user wait while the items are loading.
    Please share your valuable inputs. and Thanks in advance.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Please use specific subject lines. Most experienced users will click right past a post with a subject of "need help" or any variation thereof.

Server configuration is not really relevant as far as I can see. Get your app working, throw the build up on a server, and it should work. If you're loading content dynamically using the UnityWebRequest classes or similar, then you might run into some issues, but probably not as long as the things you're accessing are on the same server as the game itself.

Joe-Censored, Ryiah and BenniKo like this.