Search Unity

Need help with WorldUp Override + Freelook

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by theterrificjd, Dec 13, 2017.

1. theterrificjd

theterrificjd

I'm beginning to think it's impossible and I'll just have to abandon Cinemachines for my custom solution (which already works better, but without all of Cinemachine's awesomeness)... I really want to see if anyone can help me with this.

If the WorldUpOverride has an x-rotation of 90*, and you have a FreeLook camera on an object with Simple Follow with WorldUp, why does the x-axis behave so poorly?
    1. It is no longer able to rotate 360* around the object.
    2. It now experiences resistance when approaching the limits of its constraints (of which there shouldn't be any constraints in the first place).
    3. It will INVERT when attempting to push beyond these constraints.

The orbital rigs rotate properly as the world up shifts, and the y-axis doesn't seem to have any trouble at all (probably because its going between the splines, rather than translating a 360* angle.

All of the LockToTarget settings behave much worse, no matter how I define the headings.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You're right, FreeLook doesn't play nice with the WorldUp override. I'm logging this as a bug. Thanks for reporting!

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I'm trying to reproduce your issue. Set the World Up x rot to 90, and FreeLook works perfectly with SimpleFollow. Admittedly, the other binding modes don't work properly, but SimpleFollow is fine:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/L8wZDGX7

Can you give more details of your setup, or better still, upload a little project demonstrating the problem?