Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with uploading an App to my BB

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by MayhemMike, Feb 26, 2015.

1. MayhemMike

MayhemMike

Hello everyone,
    I tried the "Getting started" tutorial https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/core/unity_getting_started.html from Blackberry but I failed the last step to build and upload the app to my phone.
    I'm getting the following error:

Info: Sending request: Install
    Feb 26, 2015 7:46:49 PM org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector execute
    INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    Feb 26, 2015 7:46:49 PM org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector execute
    INFO: Retrying request
    Error: Cannot connect: Connect to /169.254.0.1:443 timed out. Please check IP address settings for the target. You may have to reboot the target.

UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

followed by a disconnect.
    and lots of <RI.Hid> Failed to get device caps (0xc0110001) for .
    errors (they didn't come up in an earlier Unity version)

I also tried pinging the device(worked), I disabled my firewall, I tried the newest Unity 4.6.3 version (had 4.6.0 or something) but nope always the same error. I'm out of ideas on how to solve this.

Does anyone have a clue how I can fix it? Or at least how I can install the app without uploading it with Unity.I tried to do it manually but it doesn't allow me to execute the .bar file.

Edit:
    My Specs
    Win 8.1 x64
    Blackberry Z10 with OS 10.3.1.1565

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Is your phone got developer mode enabled? And debug tokem uploaded?

3. MayhemMike

MayhemMike

Hey,
    jep, dev mode is enabled and the token is installed and shows up as valid.
    The Blackberry drivers on my pc should also be relatively up to date since I downloaded the new Link+Blend software yesterday.

4. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

can you ping the device? Looks like a communication issue.

5. MayhemMike

MayhemMike

jep I can ping it.
    Since it shows a java.net exception, could it be an issue with my Java version?

6. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

I'll have to upgrade one of my Z10's to that version and see what happens. I can't say I've seen that happen before. If you were able to deploy a debug token then you should be able to deploy a bar file.

7. MayhemMike

MayhemMike

I tried it with Unity 5 now but I get the same error, did all sorts of combinations (new Debug token, disconnected all other connections,..) but with no luck. When I ping the device while Unity is trying to upload the app I get a timeout but I don't know if that is normal.

Another thing that I have noticed is that the Debug token shows "Author: - ". When I registered with BB I entered "-" as my company name since it was a required field maybe the special character causes issues either with Unity or with the Blackberry device.

Thx for looking into it

8. MayhemMike

MayhemMike

Update:
    I downloaded Blackberry Webworks to see if it works there but I got the same error. The token could be installed but the app couldn't get uploaded, - connection reset and a message that I should check my IP settings.
    I also noticed a lot of RIM MDNS errors in the event viewer, I guess there is an underlying driver conflict.

So. today I installed everything on another PC and bam, it worked without any problems.