Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with TreeCreator

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TheUnknown7, Jan 7, 2020.

1. TheUnknown7

TheUnknown7

I have been using unity for a long time now and I was very satisfied with Unity's built-in Tree Creator.

When I upgraded to a newer version from "Unity 5" to "Unity 2019.2.13f1" I found a very painful problem in Unity's Tree Creator which is that I can neither move an Branch's base point nor use free hand tool provided. This is very painful :( because I cannot work anymore on my nature scene. So I am trying to seek the solution as soon as possible.

When I try to use "Free Hand" tool an error can be seen in console which says "Object Reference not set to an object." from TreeCreator.cs Script which is said to be found in "buildslave" folder which isn't present at all. So, the "Tree Creator.cs" script cannot be found....

Please Help me regrading this issue. Any help will greatly be appreciated. :(:(:(

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I doubt Tree Creator will work with newer versions of Unity. I don't see it on the Asset Store, so I don't see any updates.

3. TheUnknown7

TheUnknown7

I have looked up in the new Unity's patch notes but cant find any tree creator bug fix...
    While I was searching for solution I came up with an article saying that other newer unity also have this problem.
    Can you pls suggest me a better unity version with this bug fix??

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

There isn't one, it's an old asset that hasn't been updated. You'll likely need to stay with your original Unity version, or use a different tree creation asset.

5. nsxdavid

nsxdavid