Search Unity

Need help with the rest pose of my character!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by maximusproxi, Feb 11, 2019.

1. maximusproxi

maximusproxi

Hey

My problem is that I probably screwed up the armature of my model while editing it in blender (I'm no expert yet :S)! Now I need your help to hopefully fix it! :D

What I did is rotate the hip bone on the x-axis like 10° backwards -> which rotated the whole armature. Also rotated both hip bones backwards even further, adjusted upper body by rotating the spine bone a bit forward (so the model leans a bit forward) and then adjusted the knee bones a bit backwards so the "rest" pose looked good to me (saved all this as my rest pose in blenders pose mode). All of that wouldn't bother me but in vrchat my model always stands weirdly like going down stairs, meaning feet point in different directions (like toe out) and legs slightly point ahead at an angle in front of me (also often stands on the tippy toes even though I have tiptoes disabled in the rig).

Problem now.. I don't know how to fix this! Editing the blender project is useless since it doesn't save rotation values made to the original value, so it shows "1.000" for every rotation even though I changed it in the past! Also have the very original pose/character still, but I don't think you can compare values somehow can you (so I can go back to what it was)?! Last what I thought of is probably set the current rest pose in unity to 90° to the floor -> straight down (look at the box of my model in unity then you know what I mean -> screenshot).

Hopefully you have a way to fix this for me since I put a lot of work and probably the last week into this model (I had to learn a lot, still new to the vrc-community) :)

And sorry for the long sentences and all these brackets.. just wanted to write down my thoughts so you can understand me better !!

Feel free to ask questions if something is unclear or ask for screenshots!!

2. maximusproxi

maximusproxi