Search Unity

Need help with procrastinating business partner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndersMalmgren, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

yeah this is important not just for the immediate concerns, but also longer term. if there is some issue in the team and it doesn't get resolved now, it could damage your future efforts five, ten years from now. Like, if you push things too far on a project, the crew might not be so willing to sail with Captain Ahab on another voyage. Maybe huge corporations can manage to abuse their crews and hire new ones each season, but if you aren't that big you always got to think about maintaining the team long term. Doesn't mean you got to be the candy man, but you got to be smart about peoples needs.

Again, just generalities. If the shoe doesn't fit, just toss it.

bobisgod234, angrypenguin and Ryiah like this.
  2. Billy4184

Billy4184

3 years of life is a substantial amount, and time is something you'll never get back. I would never commit to that kind of timeframe for something unless the returns were enormous (monetary and/or otherwise).

Frankly, if I were you, I would ask your brother directly if he still thinks the project is worth his time relative to your returns on it (which would also be a question I'd ask myself all the time).

The last thing you want is to depend on someone who is disinterested (or at worst resentful, if your brother feels loyalty to you). In the latter case, you'll be far better served fishing for answers you don't like rather than trying to encourage him.

3. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

dude, its called risk. You can never know on before hand if a business venture will turn out a huge profit. Its same with all kinds of business there is always a risk involved. For example with stock market exchange etc.

But like I said a few posts back he wants to continue working on the game, I will have to trust him that its his true feelings.

3 years is nothing in my family perfectionism run deep. :D I have renovated my flat for over 4 years :D probably 5 now. :p Can read all about it here,

https://translate.google.se/transla...s/totalrenovering-av-20-talslaegenhet.229497/

4. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

Family business never goes well, especially in tech.

5. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Haha :)

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Maybe keep working on it and if he sees progress he will be motivated to work on it