Search Unity

need help with my build please

Discussion in 'PSM' started by blackbird, Apr 10, 2014.

1. blackbird

blackbird

when i press build and run every things works until its freeze when i see the following message : trying to locate a suitable psm device the vita is connected , the development assistant for unity is on too
    the only issue it stay searching for the device :/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  2. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

I had some issues like that one, here is how I worked out to being able to build and run on PS Vita.

1.- Before Hitting the Build and Run button in Unity, be sure that you have the Publishing Utility for Unity Running. Also your PS Vita should be connected through USB and have the application PSM Dev for Unity running.

2.- In Unity, inside the Build Settings (file\Build Settings) Be sure you have scenes logged there.

3.- Select the PSM option and hit Build and Run

Now here is the part where usually got some issues. And that's because the Publishing Utility for Unity lost connection to your PS Vita if you don't have that window selected.

4.- So now that Unity is Building your scenes, Switch windows and bring forward the Publishing Utility for Unity, and select the tab Key Management

5.- Check the status of your PS Vita, it should say that is connected (OK). If say that is Not Connected, then here is a trick.
    5a- On your PS Vita hit the Home Button, don't close the PSM Dev for Unity, wait 2 secs and then select Continue to go back to the PSM Dev for Unity, now wait a couple of seconds more and see if the status on the Publishing Utility for Unity has changed to OK.

[Edit]
    forgot to write that Unity will wait for the PS Vita to be connected with a message screen, you can keep, as soon you manage to connect your PS Vita with the Publishing Utility for Unity, switch back to unity and hit the continue button, then goe back to the Publishing utility to keep that window allways up until the build is finished.
    If you keep the Publishing Utility for Unity selected on top of all windows it keeps the PS Vita connected longer.

Hope this help you.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  3. blackbird

blackbird

thank you very much man you are the best it's worked even the sony guys didn't know the issue and how to solve it

4. danieljlezama

danieljlezama

Glad to help!