Search Unity

need help with image recognition

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by herosuperman, Nov 9, 2017.

1. herosuperman

herosuperman

I want to create an similar to one used by American apparel retail store to scan a product and get related information .Also i would like to know about how to change the product's color in real time like in that application. Can you please help me with relevant tutorial?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

Here is an article that goes over the basics of Image Targets: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/Image-Target-Guide.html

Our Core Samples, which are available on the Unity Asset Store, have examples of how to use this feature as well.

You could use this feature to detect the image on the product and then augment a 3D model of the product on top of it. You could then modify the color of this augmentation to change the product's color in real time.

Thanks!

3. herosuperman

herosuperman

Thank you. But how do I supposed to change the color of the augmentation? And also where can I get free sample 3D models ?

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

You can do this by modifying or changing the texture on the 3D model. The Unity Asset Store has 3D models both for free and for pay and our Core Samples come with some free Mars related assets.

5. herosuperman

herosuperman

Thank you. I would also like to know about whether Vuforia AR Unity SDK supports geo-location features or not ?

6. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia does not provide a geo-location feature, but I know other users have had success including other geo-location SDKs in Vuforia projects.

7. herosuperman

herosuperman

Thank you .Can you suggest me some geo-location SDKs?

8. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza