Search Unity

Question Need help with hip bone control

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by calpolican, Jul 20, 2021.

1. calpolican

calpolican

I'm having an issue making the hip's control of a full body IK.
    My hips are placed fine when I'm working with an animator that has some animation on it. This is how it looks like, when the rig is overwritting the idle animation. You can see that the hip control is in the right place and everything works, I can pose it and everything follows:
    posicion.png
    But if I try to create a new clip and set it to preview to create a new animation, my character becomes this goblin. The culprit being the hip's control:
    posicionPreview.png
    I know WHY this happens: Without any animation to override, the starting position is like this (RIG OFF):
    posicionPreview3.jpg
    So, the hip bone is starting at floor level, and since the hip's controller is not at the floor, it gets bounded with an offset. I can recover a natural position by moving the hip's controller above the character, but obviously is super annoying to work with the controller up there:
    posicionPreview2.jpg
    Any idea on how to solve this issue?? I'd like to have a rig with every part staying in place regardless of whether I'm creating a new clip or correcting another one.
    The constrain I'm using for the hips is an "Override Transform"

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021