Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Need Help with Culling Problems for Trees

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AdAstra029, Apr 10, 2022.

1. AdAstra029

AdAstra029

Hi, I picked up Unity no more than three or four weeks ago for class and I'm making my first project. Everything is going swell except for one thing, and that's the tree rendering: I'm not sure if it's the frustum culling or the bounding box or any number of different factors that I just learned of tonight but the near clipping of the main camera is set as close as it will go (0.01) and the far is set to around 2000 or so but the trees at the edges of the camera will pop in and out of being rendered. I've been scouring the internet for the past few hours looking for a solution to no avail other than the vague idea that I'd have to modify my bounding box on the tree mesh. Bear with me, but I have no real idea how to do this. I'm using the tree tool on a terrain. As I can't really move forward in good conscience until this is fixed, any help is greatly appreciated!

Also please let me know if this is the wrong thread for this.