Search Unity

Need help with Crowd Path Behavior for NavMesh

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by mgrenier, Apr 26, 2011.

1. mgrenier

mgrenier

Firstly, I'm new to this forum thing, so if I'm in the wrong place, please point me in the right way. One more thing, I'm french, so don't whine too much about my grammar ;)

I've been working on a navigation mesh for quite a while now, you can read about it on my blog, and I've reach the fun part of making a crowd path follow behavior.

I've built a prototype for you guys. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could point me to some links, books, essays about Steering Behavior or other technique of natural behaviors

I also attach a screen from my scene + gizmos : green lines, links; pink lines, vertices normals; red lines, A* path; orange square, target; cyan circles, agents; black lines, optimized path (string pulled).

$NavMesh-optimized-path.gif

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. reissgrant

reissgrant

Good work so far. This might help:

Click Here

3. mgrenier

mgrenier

That led to the Unity port of OpenSteer. That will certainly help me, thanks!

4. mgrenier

mgrenier

5. jgodfrey

jgodfrey

Nice resource - thanks for the link.

6. mgrenier

mgrenier

Actually, after this thread I started a post on my blog as a links depot on the subject. I'll add links I find through my research and readings.

7. mgrenier

mgrenier

8. reissgrant

reissgrant

Looks great, nice work!

9. kresnik

kresnik

can you show me the code how to draw that black lines gizmo? (optimized path, the point is, how to draw path that not the A* path) . pleasee. many thanks