Search Unity

Need help Whit learning and understand JavaScripting.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by vincekieft, Jun 6, 2013.

1. vincekieft

vincekieft

hello,

i am very intresting in making games but i dont realy understand the scripting part of making games. i look for somebody who can teach me a little bit how JavaScript or C# work and how i can make a game whit it.
    if there is some body who wants to help me plz contact me on Skype or leave a comment below :D
    skype name : vincekieft14

tanks for your time:)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. ar0nax

ar0nax

All I can say is go with C# and watch BurgZergArcade tutorials on Youtube. :) Have a nice experience learning, as I did.

3. vincekieft

vincekieft

aah i wil look for that :) tank you very much
    yeah i dont realy care wich script i learn just want to lear 1 script so i can do some chit Xd

4. Jacksendary

Jacksendary

C# Is more job/business secure, the so called "Javascript" (Also known as Unityscripting) is no near java scripts, however the javascript is somewhat easier to use for beginners, and contains some neat commands that do multiple thing in one line where in C# you need to write 2 lines it seems like (not entirely sure tho) but if you wanna use your skill outside unity go for C#, if you still wanna use the javascripting look up "Tornado Twins" they've made a game series in unity here:

Hope this help you out :)

5. vincekieft

vincekieft

tanks for your comment:) i wil look at the video's. but i have watcht a lot of video's and i understand a little bit how java scripting works BUT i dont understand a lot of the terms that you have to use to make a good script like Quaternion or the defenicion of the Mathf.SmoothDamp or somting. i have looked on the unitey site at the script reference but i dont understand what they say there. so thats my real problem

6. ar0nax

ar0nax

wikipedia.org :)

7. vincekieft

vincekieft

yeah i have looked on that but my english isnt that good so i dont know all that difficult words they say xD haha fail

8. ar0nax

ar0nax

well Quaternions and Slerp, Lerp, Damp, SmoothDamp are all math-related stuff. For example Quaternions are a form to store rotation in a more complex way, to avoid gimble lock, and be able to do more complex transformations. Lerp - liniar interpolation and so on...
    believe me, best resource for all of these is the internet, wikipedia and so on.

there is A LOT of math in the making of games :)

9. Tiles

Tiles

10. Jacksendary

Jacksendary

Java Script in Unity3D != Java Script. It only shares some basic syntaxes but is otherwise very defferent... They should have called it unity scripting instread of java scripting just as boo != python but is kinda similar in syntax. Im very into C# I may be able to learn you some but if you have problem with English in general (no offense) it may be better to focus on getting better at that :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  11. vincekieft

vincekieft

aah yeah i understand but i can read english well but all that hard terms and words they use i dont understand those xD but if you want to teach me some C# i would REALY like that :)

12. Jacksendary

Jacksendary

Send me a PM and we'll talk, Also know some free source for learning C# pretty fast you can have.

13. vincekieft

vincekieft

if i have done it good i have send you PM :p never did that before xD