Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help upgrading from LWRP to URP

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Vento313, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Vento313

Vento313

Hi, I recently picked up a project that I left off some time ago, and I want to upgrade it to URP. I read that the upgrade should be simple and painless, but it's not working for me, so I'm probably doing something wrong.
    This is how my game scene looks in Unity 2019.3.0a7, with the LWRP:
    LWRP.JPG

This is how it looks when I upgrade to Unity 2020.1.0a12 (or any newer version, for that matter):
    Upgraded Unity.JPG
    I also get lots of errors like the four you can see in the screenshot. Here, it's actually still using LWRP.
    When I download the URP from the Package Manager and set the URPAsset in the Graphics tab this happens:
    URP.JPG

I haven't touched this project in a while, and I don't really remember how to recreate it. How can I upgrade to URP without losing any of the graphic effects?
    I know the screenshots are probably not enough, but I don't really know what else to show you guys. Tell me what you need, and I'll provide it.

Thanks in advance!

2. RobRood

RobRood

the Post Processing Stack v2 does not work in the URP, instead it has its own internal version (on the camera settings).
    you will need to create a new Volumne Profile asset with the effects you want in the create menu and ad a Volumne Component to a gameobject in the scene (for some reason the URP post processing stuff does not have Post Processing in their names)