Search Unity

(Need Help)Sprite editor window does not open Unity 2021.1.2f1

Discussion in '2D' started by Jason_Holliday, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Jason_Holliday

Jason_Holliday

Hi,
    I have an issue with the Sprite Editor from the newest Unity Version. I have a simple 2D Sprite Sheet that I want to edit. I have the correct amount of Pixel per Units and also selected the Sprite Mode to Multiple and the Filter Mode to Point(no filter).
    I also clicked on apply to save eveything. Now when I click on the Sprite Editor, it does not show or pop up. It also does not show any errors. It happens nothing.
    I already tried to close and open Unity and even deinstalled and installed it.
    I hope someone can help me.
    (I tried to use an older version and there it works)
    regards Jason

2. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @Jason_Holliday ,
    If you created a project using any non 2D templates, the issue could be that you do not have the 2D Sprite package installed in your project. Go to Window > Package Manager and verify that your project contains the 2D Sprite package.
    If you have the 2D Sprite package installed, and when pressing the Sprite Editor button no errors or warnings are displayed in the Console, you could try to reset the layout to make sure the window is not hiding somewhere.
    In the top right corner of the editor, you should see a dropdown named Layout. Press Layout and select Default. Once you have done this step, try again to open the Sprite Editor window. If you still cannot open the Sprite Editor window, please share your Editor log (see here for where you can find it) and we can take a closer look.

3. RustyBagel

RustyBagel

Hello @Ted_Wikman ,

I am having the exact same issue. I have found my editor log and attached it as a .txt here. I know this is an older post, but I have not found any other posts with the exact issue.

Thank you in advance!

Michael

Attached Files:

4. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @RustyBagel,
    Looking at your log, I can see that you use Unity 2020.3.33f1 and you have the 2D Sprite package added to your project.
    Could you share a screencap of how a Texture looks like when selecting it in the project view, and what happens when you press the Sprite Editor?
    Thanks!

5. I_suck_at_coding_and_you_do_to

I_suck_at_coding_and_you_do_to

can I have help too
    it aint workin

6. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

This thread has been dormant for 1.5 years. Please create a new one with your specific issues, so that you can get more focused assistance.

7. Derbyskillerdave

Derbyskillerdave

I cannot make a new thread. But I having exact the same issues how the person above if I click nothing nothing happens.

8. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Why? There's nothing currently wrong with the forum.