Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[NEED HELP] My Project Won't Open in Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by BuzzardRaze765, Mar 29, 2019.

1. BuzzardRaze765

BuzzardRaze765

I'm trying to open a project with Older version of Unity via Unity Hub but it seems like it won't Open the project like, really long time i have to wait. anybody know why?

2. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Which Unity Hub, 1.6 or 2 beta?

Did you try opening it directly in Unity?

3. BuzzardRaze765

BuzzardRaze765

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @BuzzardRaze765,

I have a number of questions regarding your issue:
    - What version of Unity are you trying to open your project with
    - Did you locate this version in your Hub?
    - Are you opening a project that was created with a different version than the one in question 1?

In any case if you send us a bug report (accessible through the Hub's tray menu) we will have access to your logs and will be able to investigate further.

Thanks!

5. BuzzardRaze765

BuzzardRaze765

-Yes, it's already in Hub
    -The Project was also in 5.6.7

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Ok, I don't see any possible explanation from this information. If you submitted a bug could you post the case number here so we can follow up on this thread as well?

7. Surreal

Surreal

I'm having the same issue with Unity 2019.1.3f1 trying to open a Unity 5.61 project -- it just ignores the entry or tells me that version of Unity is not installed (as an aside it is, but not in the Hub). I just want to import the project, this is absurd.

And I'm sorry -- but forcing the Project Open dialog to the Hub -- and I've been using Unity since version 3 -- is truly mind boggling. Yes, some flows would be multi-version and get help from this -- but this is NOT helpful when I'm sitting here for an hour trying to make a project load into the latest unity version

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  8. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

You don't need the Hub to use Unity 5.61; consequently you don't need to add your project to the Hub to work on it. Just start Unity 5.61 and then load your project.

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  9. Surreal

Surreal

my need was to open the Unity 5.6.1 project in Unity 2019. I would not be posting here if I could just open the project in Unity. The point is as designed, the Hub makes it impossible to understand what to do -- you are just stuck looking at the project and unable to load it. You then go to new project, Project Open, and back to the hub dialog. You want to throw the computer out the window. I uninstalled it, and loaded the project into 2019 the usual way.

10. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Once you have added the project to the list, you need to choose what version of Unity you want to use with it in the drop down menu in the "Unity version" column..

I wouldn't recommend upgrading a 5.6 project in 2019 though.

11. jonc113

jonc113

Just adding my 2 cents...

I had an old project (5.6) I wanted to open, but it said my version needed to be reactivated, but would not allow me to sign in. I had launched it via Unity Hub. Just to try, I opened it directly - and then I was able to sign in and reactivate it!