Search Unity

[NEED HELP] My Project Won't Open in Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by BuzzardRaze765, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzardRaze765

BuzzardRaze765

I'm trying to open a project with Older version of Unity via Unity Hub but it seems like it won't Open the project like, really long time i have to wait. anybody know why?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Which Unity Hub, 1.6 or 2 beta?

Did you try opening it directly in Unity?

3. BuzzardRaze765

BuzzardRaze765

4. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @BuzzardRaze765,

I have a number of questions regarding your issue:
    - What version of Unity are you trying to open your project with
    - Did you locate this version in your Hub?
    - Are you opening a project that was created with a different version than the one in question 1?

In any case if you send us a bug report (accessible through the Hub's tray menu) we will have access to your logs and will be able to investigate further.

Thanks!

5. BuzzardRaze765

BuzzardRaze765

-Yes, it's already in Hub
    -The Project was also in 5.6.7

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Ok, I don't see any possible explanation from this information. If you submitted a bug could you post the case number here so we can follow up on this thread as well?

7. Surreal

Surreal

I'm having the same issue with Unity 2019.1.3f1 trying to open a Unity 5.61 project -- it just ignores the entry or tells me that version of Unity is not installed (as an aside it is, but not in the Hub). I just want to import the project, this is absurd.

And I'm sorry -- but forcing the Project Open dialog to the Hub -- and I've been using Unity since version 3 -- is truly mind boggling. Yes, some flows would be multi-version and get help from this -- but this is NOT helpful when I'm sitting here for an hour trying to make a project load into the latest unity version

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    igdeman, kevdome3000 and oliveperkins like this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

You don't need the Hub to use Unity 5.61; consequently you don't need to add your project to the Hub to work on it. Just start Unity 5.61 and then load your project.

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  9. Surreal

Surreal

my need was to open the Unity 5.6.1 project in Unity 2019. I would not be posting here if I could just open the project in Unity. The point is as designed, the Hub makes it impossible to understand what to do -- you are just stuck looking at the project and unable to load it. You then go to new project, Project Open, and back to the hub dialog. You want to throw the computer out the window. I uninstalled it, and loaded the project into 2019 the usual way.

ztapia likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Once you have added the project to the list, you need to choose what version of Unity you want to use with it in the drop down menu in the "Unity version" column..

I wouldn't recommend upgrading a 5.6 project in 2019 though.

AnilND likes this.
  11. jonc113

jonc113

Just adding my 2 cents...

I had an old project (5.6) I wanted to open, but it said my version needed to be reactivated, but would not allow me to sign in. I had launched it via Unity Hub. Just to try, I opened it directly - and then I was able to sign in and reactivate it!

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Inside Unity Hub, There is a unity version column, click the drop-down arrow and choose the version you want. this should fix the problem

mprogers123 likes this.
  13. CptPlastic

CptPlastic

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Unity hub wont open my project it just kinda hangs then closes. If I go into my scenes folder it opens just fine.

Waldmaennchen likes this.
  14. marcindulak

marcindulak

15. NicorSoftware

NicorSoftware

Same problem here.
    Created a project last night with Unity Hub 2.1.0, saved it, went to open it this morning and not listed.
    Clicked on Add, went to the existing folder of project, selected it and still not shown.

Created a new project, saved it, check Unity Hub project was shown, exited Unity Hub, went back to Unity Hub and the new project was not shown.

Both projects are on local HD in folder c:\users\<username>\

I can't even start just the Editor 2019.2.3f1, it takes me to Unity Hub
    --------------------
    Chatting with support ...
    Turns out that i had to kill the background hub and restart with admin permissions.
    Then the one project showed and was able to go back and add the other to hub.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    fadizant likes this.
  16. marcindulak

marcindulak

I'm running Unity inside of virtualbox. Apparently Unity has problems opening projects stored in virtualbox shared folder. Moving the source directory of the project to be importd outside of the virtualbox shared folder allows the import to proceed.

17. marcindulak

marcindulak

Specifically, the problem seems related to the folder containing the source of the project having "Read-only" attribute set, which resets itself https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10/

Konomira likes this.
  18. conceptfac

conceptfac

I every use this but now is just ignoring this option and opening my old projects in newer version even "Unity Version" setted to original old unity version

19. rosco_y

rosco_y

This happens to me when I already have the project open in another Virtual Desktop--that is, the project is already open and I don't realize it.

20. MixxusStudio

MixxusStudio

Also had this problem. As "unity_ZK86xOJa1INaDg" said "If I go into my scenes folder it opens just fine" also worked for me. Just choose a scene from Explorer window from your old project and double click. Do make a backup copy of your project before though!
    I often make copies of old projects to make prefabs and stuff so this function is useful.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  21. MrMerritt

MrMerritt

If you have a VPN this will not let you open projects even with out internet you'll need to turn it off and then turn it on after project opens.

22. alankulasreid

alankulasreid

HI THERE, I'M HAVING DIFFICULTY LOCATING MY LAST PROJECT....ITS SIMPLY NOT SHOWING IN THE OPTIONS. I HAVE HOWEVER NOTICED A SMALL ARROW IN THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER OF THE UNITY DESKTOP ICON THAT I DONT REMEMBER SEEING BEFORE.... IS THS ARROW INDICATING SOMETHING WENT WRONG OR ...?

23. misticalages

misticalages

Same here problems with HUB!!!

24. Pilofan

Pilofan

I could not open my projects either but I found a solution:
    1. Uninstall Unity hub
    2. Remove all Unity hub data from Appdata/Roaming and Appdata/local
    3. Reinstall Unity hub on your WINDOWS DRIVE, otherwise it wont work.
    4. restart Pc
    5. locate the installed Unity Versions and have fun.

25. Mikongsiyi

Mikongsiyi

Hi there, i having a problem .My project can't open in Unity and it will appear my project path does not exist .I had already put in my folder but the folder don't have any project. Can someone help me how to fix this problem.

26. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for flagging everyone. If any of you haven't already done so, can you kindly submit a bug report for us? https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting. This way the team can take a look at your log file in order to pinpoint the issue.

27. sevdigim1451

sevdigim1451

I have a issue. My project don't open. I have to clicked my project's name from unity hub. A Fill line appear, it filling something when it come to Loading Scripting Assemblies section, it don't go another section. İt don't load.İt keep along time but it stay same section don't continue next section. How can I solve this issue?

28. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Hi @sevdigim1451
    Thanks for flagging!

Could you please submit a bug using the Bug Reporter within the Hub?
    To do it, go to Account Settings > Troubleshooting > Report a bug

hubbugreportv3.PNG

Please, don't bump/necro old threads. We strongly recommend users to create a new thread for their reports, feedbacks, requests, etc.

I'll close this thread for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.