Search Unity

Need Help: Mixamo to Blender to Unity

Discussion in 'Animation' started by OdIUm, May 1, 2018.

1. OdIUm

OdIUm

Good Day!

Faced a problem. Help is needed.

Made a basic character in Fuse. I imported it in Mixamo. Got from mixamo skeleton + animation in fbx format for Unity.

If at this stage you load everything into Unity, there is no problem. Everything is working.

If take Mixamo fbx, import it into the blender and add new objects (hair, beards, etc.) to Armature, then after importing from the blender into fbx, and then into Unity, the animation no longer works.
    It swears that the bones do not match.

How to fix? Tell me please.

Beard added as individual meshes through ctrl + P Armature Deforms With Empty Groups, and then linking them to the Vertex Groups with the head bone.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

More info needed for these two problems.
    Images might help.

3. OdIUm

OdIUm

Today i try to oben fbx file from mixamo in blender. Then just save it to another fbx (nothing changed) and try to load this new blender fbx in unity. And animation didnt work (img in files).
    So poblem in blender....

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      67.1 KB
      Views:
  4. OdIUm

OdIUm

ChristopherKerr likes this.
  5. Ng0ns

Ng0ns

Anyone ever found a good solution to this? I'm using the generic rig and as mentioned above it is indeed the inclusion of the armature root.

The only solution I've managed to find is simply making sure every animation has the Armature as root as well. Mixamo will exclude it when only exporting animation, but not when told to include the model (though you'd have to do this for every clip).

Its doable, but I wonder - will this bloat the size of the game? When referencing an animation in a file which also holds mesh data, does it include everything when compiling?

ChristopherKerr likes this.