Search Unity

[Need Help] Line Renderer Ugly Draw

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by dohaiha930, Jan 16, 2019.

1. dohaiha930

dohaiha930

Hi, i'm using line render to draw some simple shape, but it drew ugly line not smooth at all, anyone face this before? How can i fix it?
    I tried Unity 2017 to 2018, still same result as image below.

- Line with:
    + Same start, end width
    + 5 simple points
    + If try to make distance between points further, this ugly will gone.

Thanks!

3.PNG

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

All I can say is: I could reproduce it (with Unity 2018.2.0f2) and it looks like a bug in the line Renderer.

No Idea if it is possible to fix yourself, if doubling the size of your scene is not an option.

3. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

I don't know your set up but the Y axis is usually height - by having your points at different heights then the line width will vary depending on perspective (if you're looking at it from above). You should probably use X and Z

4. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

I checked it for the axis: it has the same problem... then I moved the camera around and realized that the faces of the line always rotate and stretch to always face the viewport and look like they have a constant size... In your example the line rotates and stretches in a strange way so that it looks wrong.

Not sure for what you need the line, but if you want to use it in the UI you could go for a different implementation specialized for UI. check this thread.