Search Unity

Need help creating part game networking.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MiguelAzz, Jun 3, 2019.

1. MiguelAzz

MiguelAzz

I am making a game where up to 12 people can join a room, it will be a 2d shooter.

Currently I am using Photon Pun which works fine for connecting, I made some test builds and me and my friends were able to play just fine, the problem I am finding is that I tend to have around 70 ping as a host, yet I'de prefer it if there was a way for me to host the room locally. As an example I was thinking something like Stick Fight, where as far as I know the host is hosting the actual room, and players who join connect to the hosts device. (If this isn't how it works my apologies, but thats what im going for)

Anyways I was thinking if someone could help me or lead me to a direction where whenever someone hosts a game, it creates a server on that persons device, allowing other people to join.

If code is needed for what I am currently using feel free to ask. Thanks in advance!,

2. MrsPiggy

MrsPiggy

I believe Photon Bolt is you what you're looking for. All other Photon products connect to their cloud servers rather than a client-hosted server.

MiguelAzz likes this.
  3. MiguelAzz

MiguelAzz

Yep that's what I've managed to find. I managed to create a test scene and it works with my friends, I have no ping and they have only 17ms, which is perfect for what I need.

I just now began moving the previous project into this one, and changing everything that used PUN to now use BOLT, which is proving to be a very tedious task, but it should all be worth it in the end.

Thanks for your reply! If I hadn't found bolt by myself I'm glad I could've relied on you!