Search Unity

[NEED FEEDBACK] Battlefield 3 FPS style : looking for advice :D

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by cod, Feb 20, 2012.

1. cod

cod

Hi gus, right now I'm working on a ambitious project : a battlefield 3 fps with :
    -really huge and detailed landscapes
    -aircrafts
    -helicopters
    -cars
    -boats

By the way I'm focalising on the terrain shader, in order to achieve really wonderful landscapes with low draw calls, beautiful trees and lots of details :D

I would be really happy if u can post me some issue or (expecially) low framerates(caused by the highpoly mesh of the aircraft
    :( ) or if u have any idea about improving this little game.

PS I know, vehicles need to be improved, but stay tuned, in the next updates I'll fix them :D

Here's some screenshot :

$bestoptimisationpx200.jpg
    $bestoptimisationHD.jpg
    $bestoptimisationpx5.jpg
    $best1.jpg
    $best.jpg

2. a1s2d3f4

a1s2d3f4

Well i really do like the terrain, but you should smooth it a little more cause the edges are really hard in the mountians. Maybe turn down the octaves (you are using TerrainEdge right?). Also you should either scale the player down or scale the vehicles up some beacuse the plane and helicopter shouldn't be that small. And maybe see what is making it run slowly and fix that.

3. stefmen

stefmen

if i may ask how did you fixed it to go from the fps walker to for example the car and back?

4. cod

cod

well it's made by my own script which sets the position and enables the vehicle control

5. stefmen

stefmen

ah yeah smart you got all the scripts on your camera and just enable and disable them when pressing the action button near a vehicle?

6. cod

cod

yes, I use a array of monobehaviour which are enabled or disabled if I'm out or inside the vehicle

7. Brumcar

Brumcar

Amazing game so far, I would like to see where you go with this game :) How did you get the terrain so realistic? It looks awesome.

8. Brumcar

Brumcar

Are you going to update it soon? :)

9. cod

cod

right now I'm working on another project, but I'll see, probably this week there will be another up

10. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Thats some pretty terrain, it really is, and good luck with your ambitions. hopefully you will have more to show soon :)

11. cod

cod

12. norby

norby

Nice Terrain

well done

Norby

13. lucidcoder

lucidcoder

Holy crap on a crap sandwich, please release that terrain shader. Heck, I'd even be willing to pay money for that. :)

14. WalterEspinar

WalterEspinar

hey COD what happend with this proyect? any update??