Search Unity

Question Need an official accumulative tally of all downloads of a particular CCD bucket

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by darashayda, Mar 23, 2022.

1. darashayda

darashayda

Hello for auditability and administrative purposes we need to have an accumulative tally of downloads for a particular bucket.

WHY? Because each time we rewrite the bucket, the counters are set to 0! And I do not like to do differential upgrades since prone to confusing errors.

Obviously we could simply add a cloud counter in our app, but auditors will not accept, since it is not a third party verified data.

There has to be such count some place on the CCD server apps, but could we have access to some service to publish the tally?

Dara

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Dara,

Thanks for sharing your question.
    Can you confirm my understanding, so I can be sure I've got it right.

Are you referring to the Download and Error KPIs that are displayed inside indivual buckets and that these KPI are lost if the bucket is deleted?
    upload_2022-3-24_8-19-4.png

In case you hadn't spotted it, there is usage reporting that covers each of the projects on your account, for the current billing period, in the Cloud Content Delivery > Usage Overview page and your Finance > Billing Overview page contains invoices showing consumption in previous billing periods.

Is that what your auditors are looking for? If not, can you share a bit more information on your specific use case so we can log it as a feature request.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  3. darashayda

darashayda

Thank you for your reply.

We need to often modify the bucket and those numbers are reset to 0.

We want to use fixed CCN buckets, so the auditors could always look at specific ones to get the accumulated sum.

A static CCD bucket that never changes is only for static assets.
    D

4. darashayda

darashayda

@Laurie-Unity
    We need to be able to have the total tally of CCD buckets without resetting to 0 each we update the content.

Were you able to find a way to do that computation?

This is rather a serious and urgent matter.

Dara

5. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @darashayda

The Cloud Content Delivery > Usage Overview page contains a total of your usage each month, broken down by individual project. Unfortunately it doesn't let you drill down to individual buckets, just per project. I have logged a feature request to suggest that we add bucket level details to the Usage Overview page and will update this forum if we develop the feature.

upload_2022-3-30_16-9-41.png

The details for previous months can be downloaded in the invoices on your Projects > Finance > Billing Overview dashboard.

Laurie

6. darashayda

darashayda

Thank you Laurie. Unfortunately we cannot compute the number of scene downloads from the bandwidth usage, no known formulas.

So for now, we will keep track of the numbers ourselves and take screenshots of the Unity usage panels as evidence.

Thank you for the effort.

Dara