Search Unity

Need Advice

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Devynao, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Devynao

Devynao

I'm just now getting into modeling/game design. I would love some feed back on this cave level I made and any good advice about modeling, level/map design and all that good stuff. Thanks!

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Well - I'm not a level designer, but I've read some things about it, largely because I'd like to design nice levels and the pros have interesting bits to say about it.
    The most obvious critique is the lack of environment objects and fx, so I won't comment on that.
    Giving feedback on the level above is difficult without context. If this was for a FPS game I think there are a couple camping spots that would probably need to be revised so people can't sit and snipe without facing an adversary from multiple directions. Most popular/modern FPS games only place spots players can camp in the middle of a map so they are always having to guard there rear from sneak attacks.

I can see the middle of the passage ways are a little too flat. It would be nice to see undulation in the middle of the passage ways similar to how you have in places on the sides of the passages.

Added lighting, fx, props, and animated everything - even if it is supposed to be a still environment will add a lot to look at in the scene, and experience as a player walks through the area.

Next time consider posting in the general graphics section. Game design is mostly reserved for how a game functions and the theories behind design, rather than how a game looks.

3. Devynao

Devynao

Thanks for your comments, other than the actual pictures I've provided I was wanting more of concepts or workflows of making game levels / maps. I should have spend more writing my post. I love the low poly art style, so any advice in that area would be great.