Search Unity

Need a step by step Tutorial

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by incenseman, Oct 22, 2017.

1. incenseman

incenseman

Far too many tutorials post way more information that is needed.
    This is very confusing.
    Some instruct to use tools that either do not exist or are not part of the unity package.
    Some leave out little things that turn out to be very important.
    It would be awesome if someone would post a tutorial that explained how ads are implemented from start to finish using the latest default unity install and Windows 7 containing all of the bar essential facts.

P,L&H :)

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

3. incenseman

incenseman

Thanks for for the link. :)
    I have been through this tutorial.
    This tutorial leaves questions.

Getting the "application's Google Play Store ID" is confusing at best. I see no place to get that. The only resources that I can find on getting this show it being done on a phone using an app. I am using a PC. They are not the same.

Getting the "SHA1 fingerprint" seems impossible. I see no place to get that. I have looked through the options in my google developer account and have not found it. There is talk of a commandline tool to create one but I cannot seemt to find a DL for it. Sources say that it came with Uity. It did not.

"Declare the Unity Ads namespace, UnityEngine.Advertisements in the header of your script (see UnityEngine.Advertisements documentation):"

I have many scripts in my game. This does not specify what script.

I am sure you can see my problem. There simply seems to be parts missing from the tutorials.

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Are you developing/shipping game for PC or mobile (Android/iOS)?

5. incenseman

incenseman

I am making a game for android.

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Ok, you can skip the Google Play and Apple App Store id's until you have released the game to app stores.

Regarding "Declare the Unity Ads namespace, UnityEngine.Advertisement", I can see that might be a little unclear, but basically you should just add the "using UnityEngine.Advertisements;" part to your code as well as the other example code.

We have some additional examples on https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Advertisements.Advertisement.Show.html, which I hope can help you.

Best regards,
    Rasmus

7. DjDrTaylor

DjDrTaylor

I have just started to use Unity 2017.2.0f3 (64-bit) and I have started getting e-mails for tutorials. The tutorials are from 2014 and the resolution quality is very poor. Seems like the interface has changed greatly since then so following along to make Angry Birds is a little disconnected. Also it seems everything is done on a Mac which looks like it allows zoom for the scene window. I am using a Laptop with a mouse pad, is a mouse required?

8. incenseman

incenseman

I have reviewed the link you provided.
    Thanks for the info.
    Not sure what you mean by "Code".
    All of the other references talk about scripts.
    Scripting and coding a not the same thing.
    What script should I be placing the ad entry into?
    I have a google developer account but after I add the game to the store how will the ads be displayed without a store or game ID to identify the game?
    There must be something about the relationship between the google app store and unity adds that is not explained.
    I need to understand the process from start to finish and that is
    There are so many questions that the available documentation sources do not answer.
    It would really help if unity developers did separate tutorials for both android and ios and explained the process of using unity ads in a step by step format, assuming that the person reading it is a total beginner and knows little about unity.

9. incenseman

incenseman

I really just need the game to display an ad after 5 deaths of the player/character.
    All the things I have seen talk about rewarding the player.
    These do not apply to my needs.
    It is all sooo very confusing. :(

10. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

11. incenseman

incenseman

Thanks for the info.
    I will use this once I figure out how to get ads working at all.
    I am still dead in the water as far as getting unity ads to work in any fashion.
    Is there a new video out there that covers unity ads for android games?
    Is there documentation that has a straight foreword android setup?

12. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

13. incenseman

incenseman

Thanks Rasmus.
    I don't think I have seen those.
    I will look into those when I get time.