Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Need a database for my project

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Kaesesnack, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Kaesesnack

Kaesesnack

Hello ;)

Can anyone give me a tip on which database I should use for an Android multiplayer game?
    The database is used for registration and login as well as storing in-game data.
    The player is supposed to have a collection of cards that he creates himself in the game (they are unique). These cards are his inventory, so to speak.

Unfortunately, I have never used a database for such purposes.
    I'm sure I can manage the implementation myself with tutorials, but I don't know
    which database is best suited for this.

I would like to run the database on my computer for testing purposes as I don't have a server (yet).

Hopefully this is the correct subforum and someone can help me.
    Kind Regards,
    Toby

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Try Unity Cloud services: https://unity.com/products/unity-cloud
    Player Authentication and Cloud Save specifically.

Other than that, any service or database will do. But player registration is no simple feat, with players expecting to be able to sign in with existing accounts (Apple, Google, etc).

3. Kaesesnack

Kaesesnack

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll see if I can manage that. I would like to upload the game to the Google Play Store at some point, I always thought there were kits for that.
    For this and for the payment methods, but that is still a long way away anyway. Thanks again :)

4. Nad_B

Nad_B

In this case check Google's Firebase. It has everything you need (Authentication, Database...etc). Just make sure you're securing your system (i.e. not putting any secrets/keys in your Unity game)

5. Kaesesnack

Kaesesnack

I will check this too, thanks :)