Search Unity

Need a coder to finish up and polish main playable character for 2D platformer

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Offering' started by BrendanCorris, May 13, 2023.

1. BrendanCorris

BrendanCorris

Hello. I've been hard at work for years developing a fully hand drawn/hand animated 2D action platform game. I am getting very close to finally unveiling the game with a reveal trailer, and need to start getting aspects of the coding to where they need to be, one step at a time. I am not a coder, so can not finish coding myself, but there is a strong, very functional groundwork already done. The character can already run, sprint, crouch, jump, and do both attacks pretty well, among other things, but the character just requires a level of fine-tuning and polish, and will need some abilities implemented.
    The new abilities that need to basically be coded from the ground up are wall running, wall jumping, and rail grinding, though the rail grinding has some foundation already.

Despite the game being a very small production, made almost entirely by me, it is a rather large game, and is intended to look and feel as good as possible. The hand animation is all very cartoony and stylized, and very unique when compared to other games of its genre. It is light-hearted and fun in tone.

It shouldn't be a long job. Should be generally easy, I assume. I will gladly discuss payment privately. Being that I am not a big studio and just a guy with a dream, I can't promise a huge pay check, but I also would like to make sure I'm giving something worth your time. Please respond if you are interested.

xaldin-76, lukeand and recinfotech like this.