Search Unity

Need a bit of help with character customatization

Discussion in '2D' started by MiroTheMighty, Jul 27, 2019.

1. MiroTheMighty

MiroTheMighty

So i was thinking of having a blank sprite like this:

And then drawing different types of hair, shirts, pants etc... Afterwards i was planing to animate the blank character and stick the different style of hair, shirts... over the blank character. So my question is do i have to animate all of the style of the hair,pants...? Or are there any easier ways to do it? The blank sprite is just for an example the game would be a sidescroling game so fliping character on the x if that makes any difference.

Sorry for any bad English in this post.

2. MiroTheMighty

MiroTheMighty

I kinda figured it out so here is my solution if anybody needs help with this.
    My character dosen't have any animations for the head/hair so i draw his head bold with no eyes and jsut had a bunch of eyes and hair styles drawn so that they would fit the players head and just slap them on the players head. For the torso and legs i decided to draw a few different styles for torso and the legs(5 each) and animate them. So i can just replace them on the player in unity so this gives a lot of customatization without the need to draw multiple full(head, torso and legs together) players. And you can add color change to it for even more customatization.