Search Unity

1. Want to see 2020.1b in action? Sign up for our Beta 2020.1 Overview Webinar on April 20th for a live presentation from our evangelists and a Q&A session with guests from R&D.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Interested in giving us feedback? Join our online research interviews on a broad range of topics and share your insights with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting a webinar for the new Input System where you'll be able to get in touch with the devs. Sign up now and share your questions with us in preparation for the session on April 15.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Need 2017.4.34f1 back, please

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by johnz-at-sinewave, Jan 31, 2020.

1. johnz-at-sinewave

johnz-at-sinewave

Recently (via UnityHub) 2017 LTS version was upgraded to 36f1 - and it is completely broken on the project I'm working on, to the point of unusable editor. Hierarchy folding doesn't work (I can't unfold the Scene), Inspector layout rendering in the middle of the scene view, and Inspector itself being sized about 150x150 pixels.
    2018 LTS works like a charm, but I can't upgrade unfortunately.
    Interestingly enough, if I nuke the cache folder and reimport the project, everything works fine for that one session - but if I close and reopen, its broken.
    Project I work on is gigantic and reimports take well over 20 minutes, so I can't afford this workflow.

Previous version (IIRC it was 2017.4.34f1 was working OK - glitchy UI, but still working). I was trying to find a download link, but found none :-\ If someone would provide it, I'd be immensely grateful!

2. Mauri

Mauri

3. johnz-at-sinewave

johnz-at-sinewave

I'm sorry, mistake is totally on my side - I forgot to mention the important fact that I'm running Linux version.

4. Mauri

Mauri

5. johnz-at-sinewave

johnz-at-sinewave

Thank you!
    Unfortunately, I installed it and reimported the project only to learn that it didn't fix the UI :-\
    This means that the error creeped its way into our project somehow, and now I wonder if I'll be able to figure this out, being a single linux dev on the team. Ugh.

In any case, thanks for your effort, I really appreciate it.

unityunity