Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Nearly Unworkable on Apple Silicon (macbook pro)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cchute, Jul 1, 2022.

1. cchute

cchute

Hello there,

Is anyone else losing hours (Days) of productivity because of the Unity Editor for M1 Mac? It really seems like no attention is being made to fix the crippling bugs on this platform. Massive memory leaks (not uncommon to be using 20GB of Ram), an editor that crashes if I do anything in playmode. I am not exaggerating Unity crashes on me at least 50 times in a normal work day. It's become unbearable.

Please Unity team get on top of the quality control. You are directly impacting people's lives with this and I can't even guess how many hours of mine are gone. I keep updating to the latest version hoping for progress but it actually seems to be getting worse and worse. I really hope a high level Unity employee can address this, I would really like to keep working on my mac but I'm going to have to buy a new machine if this low level of quality persists.

starblinky likes this.
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

I didn't have many issues on my M1 mac using 2021 lts (make sure you use the Apple Silicon version of the editor)

3. cchute

cchute

Nothing from the unity team hunh? Seems about right. Maybe it's good that their stock is in the toilet, might cause them to rethink how they make software.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

If you want them to look at it you made a bug report with clear information, not a forum post. Here there is no guarantee it's seen by staff