Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Nearest Store Location

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by marcosis, Nov 2, 2021.

1. marcosis

marcosis

Hey,
    Im creating an app through unity. I found this the best way to do it, as its mainly an AR app and i like the way unity handles AR.
    I want another section on the app where people would be able to enter their postcode and it would tell them their nearest branch/store.
    Does anyone know how i would go about this?

Cheers

2. kyle_v

kyle_v

Unity Technologies

3. colinleet

colinleet

https://ourcodeworld.com/articles/r...dinates-latitude-and-longitude-with-php-mysql

Something like that is how I previously solved this problem with mySQL. You could probably weld together something like this with a local SQLite database if you wanted [it's free], or just make it a server side API call [low cost and simple]. This method might be better for store locations than zip codes, as there will probably be a lot less of stores then zip codes, but you can find zip code lists with GPS tags online too.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
unityunity