Search Unity

NE Skin Shader

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by The_Domaginarium, Apr 18, 2015.

1. The_Domaginarium

The_Domaginarium

Hello all!

Just wanted to let you know that my NE Skin Shader is now available.

The NE Skin Shader is an affordable, semi-realistic skin material for Unity. It features different elements such as simulated sub-surface scattering, wetness and peach skin to produce a very nice looking skin for your toon or semi-realistic characters.

Features:
    -Simulated sub-surface scattering.
    -Specular controls to simulate wet skin or sweat.
    -Peach skin effect to simulate skin fuzz.
    -Light probe support (Unity 5).
    -Support for Unity 4.3 and up, and Unity 5.
    -Supports both OpenGL and DirectX.
    -It does not require DX11.

The shader is compatible with Windows and Mac, and it should also be compatible with mobile devices (a friend is currently testing it). It does not require DX11 meaning you get all the effects, including the sub-surface scattering on non-DX11 videocards.

Feel free to post any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Greetings!

DxStd_IgnatPribylov likes this.
  2. Cygon4

Cygon4

Hi!

Great work, I really like how this shader produces great results without requiring 10 or so specialized texture maps.

I've been trying to use your skin shader's version 1.4 in Unity 5.5. There have been some changes to Unity's built-in shaders (.ndotl removed, .boxmin/.boxMax/.probePosition moved into a different structure). Attached is a small patch to port the shader to Unity 5.5. Maybe it can save you some time ;-)

Attached Files: