Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

NavMeshSurface.Bake asynchronously?

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by Quidam2k, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Quidam2k

Quidam2k

I'm working on a project where the surface for which I want to create a NavMesh is created dynamically at run time, and it doesn't use prefabs, making using NavMeshSourceTag problematic. If I put a NavMeshSurface on the gameobject that dynamically builds the mesh and have it collect all, that works like a charm. However, only part of the area is visible at any given point in time, so I need to be able to update the NavMesh dynamically too. Doing so hangs execution unless I can find a way to do it asynchronously with a NavMeshSurface.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if there's anything I can add that might help.

2. Quidam2k

Quidam2k

I ended up moving some of the code from NavMeshSurface into a new version of LocalNavMeshBuilder, and thus achieve my aim, but I think it'd be useful for NavMeshSurface to be able to bake asynchronously.

3. STONEHEAD_GAMES

STONEHEAD_GAMES

I'm running into a similar problem, would you mind posting the code to your custom LocalNavMeshBuilder?