Search Unity

NavMeshPath doesn't generate "corners" on slopes

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by edwar496, May 7, 2018.

1. edwar496

edwar496

Hey guys! I'm messing around with NavMesh, specifically trying to make an RTS or tactical style movement system where it draws a path from the character to the mouse's position along the path the character would take. It's working fairly well, except for slopes. I'm just doing the following:
    • Calculating a NavMeshPath to a certain point (in this case, raycasted from mouse)
    • Grabbing the list of "corners" on the NavMeshPath
    • Plugging the corners as points into a Line Renderer to see a visualization of the NavMeshPath
    Unfortunately, it seems NavMesh doesn't consider slopes to be "corners", so I don't have any way to round my path to contour them. The only way it would draw a corner on a slope is if my agent actually changes direction (like he does at the foot of the slope), but when the slope ends at the top, it doesn't consider this a corner, so the path just draws a straight line from the foot of the slope to the final destination (regardless of how far back I move the destination).

Does anyone have any potential solutions or work-arounds for this? Really what would be ideal is something that adjusts the path to consider "slopes" to be "corners" as well, but I don't know if such a thing exists. Thanks!

2. edwar496

edwar496

Bumping, still no solution :(