Search Unity

NavMeshObstacle carve - Help to get less area - Details explained!

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by PJRM, May 28, 2017.

1. PJRM

PJRM

Hello.

Here I have my tree selected with my bake settings (I figure that bigger assets gives me more space on the bake area between the obstacles).

As you can see, my obstacle (the tree selected) area carved it square as i tried to put a small value, but that space is the minimun space it can carve. I need that space to be smaller, however, no matter how small i put the value, it doesn't go smaller than that!

Is there a way to change Unity Navigation to get an smaller obstacle area? And I would love if i could make it capsuled like the others, but the others the value is high.

2. PJRM

PJRM

Well... I solved my problem! But i had to Scale all the gameobjects to be larger.
    I reset the FBX scale to 1 and the gameobject i defined scale 10x. It work pretty well...

But i find this pretty annoying. Shouldn't have to have a minimun limit! Having to do "jerry-rig" just because there isn't a note on the navmesh bake system telling that there's a minimun limit to the Radius, otherwise you have to scale your gameobjects to work.

Hope this might help whether someone comes to the same problem.

super77gg likes this.
  3. super77gg

super77gg

Just ran into this same issue. Thanks for the fix!

r-mamonov73 likes this.
  4. RandomComm3nt

RandomComm3nt

I think this is controlled by the Bake > Advanced > Min Region Area setting

5. wpetillo

wpetillo

Old thread, but for those still running into this (like myself), fix by decreasing Agent Radius (Navigation window, Bake section). This value seems to be added to the obstacle size to determine the carve area. Min Region Area is the minimum area a surface needs to have in order to contain any valid navigation area (thus could be used to prevent navigation areas from showing up on top of boxes, for example).

khiemgluong, gsoganci and mlawd like this.