Search Unity

Question NavMeshComponents PackageManager integration

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by crdmrn, Oct 26, 2020.

1. crdmrn

crdmrn

Why isn't it there yet?
    NavMeshComponents have been out for years now, and somehow the only way to get them is via a git repo.
    This makes it really tiresome to integrate in a project and to keep the plugin updated.
    NavMeshComponents are the only way of creating anything more complicated than a patrolling NPC, and yet they're basically hidden to the average user.
    Please, do something for it; I'm sorry for this pseudo-rant but this is a really important issue that remained unaddressed for way to long >_<

@MelvMay I'm tagging you here because I found your ID on Twitter in a topic-related thread, I'm sorry if that was inappropriate ^^"

Karlbovsky likes this.
  2. crdmrn

crdmrn

3. crdmrn

crdmrn

4. crdmrn

crdmrn

5. crdmrn

crdmrn

6. crdmrn

crdmrn

7. skowroshima

skowroshima

I'm wondering the same thing.

8. crdmrn

crdmrn

Nice, so I'm not the only one :D
    UP

9. Tomasz_Pasterski

Tomasz_Pasterski

Yes, thats strange and scare for me cause i implement this in my project.
    Once i even tweet Mike Geig asking if it is safe to use this in production and he confirmed.
    On someUnity stream i even asked if there will be some improvements to Navmesh system like local avoidance improvements for agents and Unity answer that they have team to work on navmesh stuff now but that was about a year ago...

10. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

I was tinkering around with the Kinematica (and it's amazing, btw) package and there's a Navigation Sample scene that uses a NavMesh component that looks like something new to me, so I was wondering if that is in some way related to some kind of new ( aKa 2020 ready :)) navigation system...?