Search Unity

NavMeshBuilder.BuildNavMesh() Build Error

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Sayon, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Sayon

Sayon

Hi, I'm currrently using the method NavMeshBuilder.BuildNavMesh() in one of my scripts to build a navmesh for a room at runtime. However, due to this being in the name space UnityEditor.AI I cannot build my game. As I get the error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. The type or namespace name 'AI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor'
    After looking this up, as I understand it, I can't use the UnityEditor namespace in my game builds. So the question is, is there any method I can use to build a navmesh at runtime without using the UnityEditor namespace? I haven't been able to find any way to do it, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Okay, so I've found this: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/NavMeshComponents after doing a little googling, and with it it looks as if I should be able to now bake my navmesh into my prefabs. However, it doesn't seem to work after importing the package. Does anyone know how I'm supposed to do this? I double click my prefab and click Bake in the navigation window, but nothing seems to happen.

Okay I've gotten it working. I had to add the NavMeshSurface component to my room and then click bake on the component itself.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    felixwolny1 and LumbertVOLT like this.