Search Unity

Bug NavMeshAgent very slow when using "Fastest" Quality in Build #2015101801

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mischa2k, Nov 27, 2015.

1. mischa2k

mischa2k

The Bug
    I noticed a strange bug where my NavMeshAgent would move very slow if I used the "Fastest" Quality setting. Here is what I noticed:
    - Fastest quality has VSync turned off, hence I have ~1000 fps on my system (note that the bug only happens if we have much more than 60 fps, like 300 or 1000)
    - The NavMeshAgent then seems to move about half as fast as it should
    - It only happens if the GameObject also has a kinematic Rigidbody with Interpolate enabled

Test Project
    Download: http://noobtuts.com/_projects/RigidbodyInterpolateVsyncAgentBug.zip
    How to test it:
    - open the project, open the Scene
    - press play, click into the world and see how the agent moves there rather fast (as it should)
    - now select the Player GameObject in the Hierarchy, set the Rigidody's Interpolate option to 'Interpolate', click somewhere and see how the agent moves very slowly

Happens on Ubuntu 14.04 with Build #2015101801. Does not happen on Windows XP with 5.2.2f1.

2. Tak

Tak

We've investigated this a bit - it seems as though it's a known issue with interpolation on kinematic rigidbodies at high framerates (everywhere, not just on Linux).