Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

NavMeshAgent rotates on the spot at its destination instead of stopping

Discussion in 'AI & Navigation Previews' started by BenSizerRovio, Oct 9, 2017.

1. BenSizerRovio

BenSizerRovio

As the subject title says, sometimes the NavMeshAgent reaches its destination, but then spins on the spot instead of stopping movement. I can presumably switch NavMeshAgent.updateRotation manually, but I don't think I should have to, so hopefully there's some other fix I can apply, without switching navigation off completely. Any ideas?

(There's a similar question here - http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1086857/navmeshagent-spins-on-the-spot-when-close-to-desti.html - but it mentions the stopping distance, and I've confirmed that increasing that seems to have no effect.)

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

This will be to do with rigidbody settings, and your agent settings. Tweak them starting with angular based values until they stop sliding about. You might need a friction physics material applied to surfaces.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  3. weaglf

weaglf

I had the same problem and realised that rootmotion animator was causing it.

BenHili, niuage and WinteryJungle9 like this.
  4. muhamad1987

muhamad1987

What solved the problem for me was to enable the IsKinematic attribute.

Frojo and endae like this.
  5. giuseppeblando013

giuseppeblando013

I had a similar problem, I solved it by setting the quality to low, probably that's because with high quality the agent behaves like strictly and if misses the precise target point remakes the path.

6. oHaidukov

oHaidukov

if somebody will looking for it in 2024, just disable in RigidBody "Automatic Center of Mass"