Search Unity

Navmesh problems

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by luciano182, Dec 30, 2015.

1. luciano182

luciano182

Hello people, I make this post because I'm having a strange problem with Navmesh and I don't how to fix it.

I'm putting together a MOBA, I was playing in small scenes of "one attack line" and everything worked perfect. When I wanted to try a larger level, with three attack lines (top, middle and bottom) and it works very wrong. I looked for problems in scripts but didn't detect any.

I've attached some images.

In error_1 you can see the level with the marked areas.

In error_2 you can see how the instances are generated correctly in the corresponding area.

After the creation of the units, if I advance one step in unity, these appear directly go anywhere, as you can see in error_3. However, if I turn off the Navmesh Agent of each unit this does not happen.

In error_4 you can see more details about where the units appear.

In error_5 you can see the configuration of each unit's Navmesh Agent.

I've changed all values of unit's Agents Navmesh and the configuration of Navigation Baking. I don't understand why the units are teleported to another position.

It makes no sense at this level units "back" every "triangle" run so locked, lie the front run well.

Also, the lastest units of each triangle runs bad, intermittently.

I do not understand why the hero (the unit controlled by the player) works well, it does not appear transported anywhere, and moves right to where I direct, avoiding all obstacles.

I need some ideas, I don't know how can I continue.

Most strange is that works fine on my "single attack line" level.

Here are the images:

error_1

error_2

error_3

error_4

error_5

Best regards,
    Luciano Rasente

2. Mutur01

Mutur01

If it works fine on the single line level it seems probably to be a problem with the level or with the multiple spawns of the minions. Why don't you try to use that level but create just one line of minions? Then, having the results of that, you can check your code in order to find the problem.

I can't do much more without the scripts than giving ideas. Have a nice day !

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. luciano182

luciano182

Yes, I know, but thank you for your idea :D I'll test using a single line today after work. Yesterday I've tried with another level with two lines and also fails