Search Unity

Navmesh obstacle weird problem

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by iikii, Jan 23, 2017.

1. iikii

iikii

Hi, when i applied the obstacle component to my navmesh object, my object went 'crazy' and move randomly in super high speed. What's the problem?

2. Baste

Baste

What do you mean by "my navmesh object". Is it a gameobject that has a NavMeshAgent?

3. iikii

iikii

yeah yes, that's what i mean. My navmeshagent object already has some 'functions' to do some random navmesh path destination.

4. onepixellab

onepixellab

Hi,
    I am facing the same problem in unity 5.5. Any fix?

5. Baste

Baste

Oh, forgot about this.

Your navmesh agent tries to stay on the navmesh, and away from navmesh obstacles. When you have a navmesh obstacle on the same object, that makes your navmesh agent try to move away from itself. That's a bad idea!

navmesh agents already work like obstacles with regards to avoidance, so you shouldn't need both.

6. greysun

greysun

I know this is old but just in case anyone runs into it like I did today you may want to check to make sure that you have "Carve" checked on your nav mesh obstacle. I experienced this behavior as well. When my moving object with the agent ran into a static object with the obstacle it would just shoot off in a direction, move back to the object then shoot off again, wash rinse repeat.
    I found that I forgot to check "Carve" on the obstacle