Search Unity

NavMesh not baking on terrain

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Quincey, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Quincey

Quincey

Hello,

I'm fairly new at using Unity I've watched several tutorials so I could get a better understanding for programming and utilizing Unity. I've looked to Google to educate myself on the issue I'm having with navigation and baking a NavMesh on a terrain. I've created a small low poly open world for a little project I'm using to practice a small playable RPG. The issue is whenever I try to bake on my terrain nothing happens, but whenever I went to the asset store and downloaded various other low poly environments I was able to use any of the terrain assets and they baked 100% of the time. Is there anything basic that I'm totally missing that's causing my almost completed low poly world terrain to NOT work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

V/r,

Friendly Unity Learner :)

Attached Files:

2. unit_dev123

unit_dev123

does assets have colliders?

3. eses

eses

@Quincey

Never used terrain and I know your post is already a week or so old but for other meshes at least, you'll have to mark GameObject as "Navigation Static".

You can find this option from Inspector upper right corner to include it into navmesh. Then bake it.

See:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/nav-BuildingNavMesh.html

TomoTT, juaojones and Quincey like this.
  4. Quincey

Quincey

Hey Eses thanks so much for taking the time to reply and let me know how to handle my issue.

5. damienbeard76

damienbeard76

press Gizmos

6. puddlepants

puddlepants

hello from 2 years in the future.. holy S*** ive been googling for an hour and a bit scratching my head and cursing.... only to read this then face palm. solved it for me!

7. bewky

bewky

thank you bruv, this was my issue

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

You saved my day! Thank you.

9. Persafunktant

Persafunktant

OMG THANK YOU