Search Unity

Question Navmesh Not Baking on Static Meshes

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Mashimaro7, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

I updated to 2022.2.1 awhile back, i think that was when they introduced the new navmesh? And I can't figure out how to get it to bake. Do you have to bake every individual piece manually? If so, that's a real pain. But i tried baking it on my one... moderate sized piece of land and after 40 minutes of waiting it never baked...

I was just using the old navmesh cause it seems to work a lot better and is more convenient since you don't need a navmesh surface on every object, but with the 2022.2.3 update i believe? It seems to have broken as well, and it only bakes on certain meshes... I have my meshes set to static, and navigation static in the navigation window... But, here's the result,
    upload_2023-1-29_14-58-10.png
    For some reason it's baking on the water(i dont want it on the water, ill turn off static later, it just got turned on somehow lol) yet it's not baking on the land right next to it which has a meshcollider and a meshrenderer.and is marked as static. I don't care which navmesh i can use, but does anyone know how i can get this baked? The new navmesh doesn't bake after 40 minutes, and the old one isn't baking on certain meshes, i'm confused lol

Thanks

Edit: I found out the issue was the mesh was randomly being scaled down to 0.01(not sure why, my modeller just exported it again after some minor changes and it got scaled down), so i set the scale factor to 0.01 and it works... But i'm gonna leave this up because, it only works with the legacy navmesh and i hope Unity sees this and becomes aware of the issues with the new navmesh before they completely deprecate the only navmesh that works lol

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023