Search Unity

Navmesh isn't baking in another surface

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Shiruman, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Shiruman

Shiruman

Hi! This is my first post to ask about something in my project on Unity, I usually check the forum and found a lot of answers to all of my problems about Unity but not this :<

Please see the file that I attached below for the picture.
    So the problem is about navmesh, it's not baking on the surface of the gameobject that I want to be (The grey blocks on the right), It's already set walkable but it just won't bake.

My friends said that it's probably because of the height
    But what confuses me is the navmesh on the two gameobjects on the left that has a pretty high height still bakes and it works.

Anybody knows the answer or has the source to the answers that I probably haven't discover yet?
    Thank you!

upload_2019-10-16_12-15-53.png

2. Yandalf

Yandalf

We're gonna need a little more info to help here I'm afraid. How is your scene set up? What components are on those blocks? Are those blocks separate meshes? Do they have collissions? Are you using collissions or render meshes for NavMesh generation? It could be anything really.

3. Shiruman

Shiruman

Those blocks are separate meshes, I'm using the mesh renderers and mesh colliders for the collisions. It's the same as the baked grey blocks on the right side of the unbaked blocks

These are the components for the unbaked navmesh in the greyblocks

1.PNG

These are the components for the blocks that are baked
    2.PNG

4. Yandalf

Yandalf

Are they flagged as NavMesh Static? Might be a good idea to flag them as fully static, just to be sure.

5. Shiruman

Shiruman

Sorry for the very late raply, yes they are static, in fact I did select all of the meshes that I want to bake first and put them into static navmesh

6. Yandalf

Yandalf

Hmmm, interesting. I don't really see anything obviously wrong.
    What are your NavMesh bake settings?