Search Unity

NavMesh doesnt work on Android in Asset Bundle

Discussion in 'Android' started by nsmith1024, Feb 23, 2020.

1. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

I'm using Unity 2018.3 and I have an scene asset bundle i load from a server, this scene contains a terrain with a navmesh.

When the asset bundle is loaded from the server, then i put a navmesh agent on it, it doesn't work, agent.NavMeshOwner is always null and agent.isOnNavMesh is always false, so the whole thing fails.

Is there a way to force the navmesh agent to attach to the mesh? Or why doesnt it work?

Thanks

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Do you see any errors in logcat?

3. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

No error, but when i run it in the editor, i open the navmesh window, and i can see the NavMesh in the terrain shaded blue, so i dont know why it doesnt attach to it. Can you suggest something?

Thanks

4. JosephSutcliffe

JosephSutcliffe

I'm having a similar problem.

In the Unity Editor, everything works perfectly. But when I load my scene (from an asset bundle) on android, the NavMeshAgents don't work. I connected the device to the Android Logcat and I got an error from my NavMeshAgents saying "SetDestination can only be called on an active agent that is on a NavMesh". It seems to work on IOS phones but not on Android.

I am not using a terrain, my scene is one big model piece with a mesh collider. Collisions also dont seem to work when I load the scene from the bundle, my characters with rigidbodies fall as if they don't detect the ground nor the NavMesh.

I found a temporal solution, if the scene is added to build settings and loaded normally, everything seems to work (Both collisions and NavMesh). But I shouldn't use this solution as I want to load the scene from the asset bundle.

5. ferranases

ferranases

Any Solution for this?

NikitaGusev likes this.
  6. NikitaGusev

NikitaGusev

I’m also looking forward to your options for solving this problem. I came across it while building for WebGL

Some sources recommend minimizing Managed code stripping, but this does not help in my situation.

7. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Try adding a dummy scene that uses NavMesh. If there is a stripping issue, have such scene in the build should prevent NavMesh from being stripped.