Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Navmesh doesn't show up even though it's working

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Yanuary, May 6, 2019.

1. Yanuary

Yanuary

My nav mesh is invisible, although it's working as intented. For example i can add Nav Mesh Obstacle component to my "wall" and agent takes wider route after baking. So seems like everything works fine, but for some reason I can't see these blue multiple ares created by navmesh.

I've tried several solutions I've found in Google, but unfortunately without success.
    I'm attaching a file where you can see that the scene looks like there is no navmesh at all, although it is there...
    How can I resolve this problem?

Attached Files:

2. Yandalf

Yandalf

The NavMesh is only visible in the editor when you're having the Navigation tab open and active.

3. Yanuary

Yanuary

How about that?

Attached Files:

4. Yandalf

Yandalf

Huh, that's strange. Is that happening in any scene in this project, or only in that specific scene? Just quickly create a new scene and bake a Navmesh in it.

5. ezhao1

ezhao1

Is the ground set to static?

unity_1999ayush likes this.
  6. Yanuary

Yanuary

I've just tried it and Navmesh is still invisible.

It wasn't, and after i checked it, navmesh appeared for like 0,2 sec and disappeared again.

This problem isn't so important for me, but seems weird that it just won't show itself lol.

7. Yanuary

Yanuary

Update
    Turning Gizmos on finally resolved this problem for me, thanks for your replies.

chakshoorai and Laniemme like this.
  8. jkoufiles

jkoufiles

newbie and none of my attempts are showing the blue mesh. I changed static to navigation, have navmesh display to show on checked, baked it, navigation tab is clicked. nothing.

9. AntiSilence

AntiSilence

I've just gone to re-bake my navmesh and have noticed that I can't see it either, in Unity 2019.2.

10. RaphyX

RaphyX

I had the same problem.
    As Yanurary said, turning on gizmos helped.
    What I did was IJust click the gizmos button in the editor view (top) and swich to the navigation tab afterwards.

AntiSilence likes this.
  11. AntiSilence

AntiSilence

Well now I feel silly :confused: lol. Done the same thing - I hadn't realised the Gizmos button was toggled off <facepalm>

12. garaujo

garaujo

It was my first time using navmesh, and its was "not working", i removed it, downloaded again, 3 hrs later i figured out that the navmesh file was created, GG. But i coudnt see the "blue" shape yet... gizmos was deativated. Thank you!

13. craig4android

craig4android