Search Unity

Bug Navmesh constantly showing in editor

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Vincent454, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Vincent454

Vincent454

I'm on 2022.2 and the navmesh is constantly shown. It does not matter if I have selected anything navmesh related or have a navmesh window open.
    I am using the new navigation package and can barely see my scene anymore now. It only hides when I disable gizmos in the scene view.

2. fleity

fleity

facing the same issue after updating to 2022.2f1

Vincent454 likes this.
  3. Vincent454

Vincent454

I contacted support because of this and they said to

right-click the scene view tab > Overlay menu > AI Navigation (Very intuitive and such great ux)
    From there you can more or less hide it, BUT it does NOT hide navmesh links and the navmesh surface bounds???? Whyyyy??? You can toggle them in the gizmos but not in that menu.
    And if you have disabled the navmesh surface bounds in the gizmos you have them disabled completely, including showing the navmesh even when you want it to

This is such terrible ux and a huge downgrade from how it used to be in the previous version of the navmesh tools. I told this to support and they said glad we could help you, bye bye case closed

Genebris, tnv2205, pixelsplit and 7 others like this.
  4. fleity

fleity

@Vincent13122
    thanks for your reply
    I did already discover hiding the panel. You can right click the panel header too, much better ux, but I had no idea how to get the panel back once I hid it this way. That works the way you described. I somehow wished for the surface bounds etc. to be hidden when the panel is closed but that works enough me (sure the gizmos don't disappear because the panel is hidden, not closed).
    But I agree it doesn't behave how I would expect it at all.

5. JulesVerny

JulesVerny

Unity really loves how to mesh up the User Interface. In 6 years of using Unity I have never had to use those three dots in top right of scene viewport, Now I need them to clean up the mess of toggling AI Navigation menu panels polutting my viewport. It was so much cleaner to have menus tabbed in the main Windows panes.

Vincent454 likes this.
  6. THE2FUN

THE2FUN

If you don't see AI NAVIGATION in scene > overlay menu, you need to install from package manager. Yes, you need to install first.

camsha likes this.
  7. jasonpierce

jasonpierce

Because I ran into this in 2022.3.9 and wound up going to Windows > AI > Navigation instead of the overlay described above, here are some screenshots.

upload_2024-2-7_10-51-3.png

upload_2024-2-7_10-51-32.png

upload_2024-2-7_10-52-17.png