Search Unity

navmesh backing missing spots

Discussion in 'World Building' started by CRISTALSONIC, Jun 20, 2019.

1. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

as the title suggest I have a few holes in my map (not much)

all the objects are set to static, other wise I do not know what else I can play with.

does any one have any suggestions on how I might fill in this ramp in my screen shot?
    I baked the slope at 45%

Attached Files:

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

How bizarre... did you make the underlying geometry yourself? Are you familiar with it? It's possible it has lots of smaller chunks that are offset or doubled in a way that confuses the baker.

One way around that is to create a simpler collision mesh, something made out of BoxColliders for instance, and use that in lieu of a MeshCollider.

ALSO: did you notice that your water appears to be all walkable? Maybe that is throwing something off... not sure if you want the player walking on the water. There is some kind of Biblical joke in here but I will abstain from it.

3. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

lol the water was walk able but I fixed that all ready you are seeing the train under it.
    with that said can I avoid banking the lower terrain ?

as far as your other comment I made the interment but the props are part of an asset pack that was obsessed with mesh colliders. I am simplifying that now (there is a lot)

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Ah, I see the terrain vs water now... gotcha.

Not sure what to do about not baking the underwater terrain. It might not be a problem if you put an invisible fence to keep the player from walking into it.

As for the asset pack, it's always easiest if you can use the base mesh for colliding, because otherwise you have to make a separate collision mesh. Check around in the project; maybe they already did make a collider mesh for you and just didn't enable it.

Another option for making colliders is to use Unity's probuilder package to produce invisible collision geometry in the scene, which lets you match the existing geometry fairly closely, then turn off the renderers. I'd do a small test first, see if it gets you where you want before investing too much time.

5. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

thanks
    I will need to look into Unity's probuilder package as I am unaware of what it can do

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  6. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

so after simplifying the mesh there was only one spot were it broke

I added a ramp with probuilder to find that it backed less in that spot?

any thoughts on that? nav example 2.png nav example 3.png