Search Unity

Navisworks Plugin not working from the Command Line

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by ZionxReload, Nov 10, 2020.

1. ZionxReload

ZionxReload

Hi,

I'm trying to export a NavisWorks project directly into Unity-Reflect. At this point, I can do the process manually by:
    1. Open NavisWorks
    2. Open any project
    3. Clicking in the UnityReflect plugin
    4. Select "Export Document" and then clicking on "Export" in the user interface

I'm trying to achieve the same workflow but automatically using the command line with:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2021\Roamer.exe" -OpenFile "C:\Test\test model.nwd" -ExecuteAddInPlugin UnityReflect ExportDocument

So far Naviswork opens and loads the "test model.nwd" but the "ExecuteAddInPlugin UnityReflect ExportDocument" is not working.

So my questions are:
    1) I'm using "UnityReflect" as the internal name of the plugin but it seems to be wrong. What is the correct name of the plugin to be executed using the command line?
    2) which parameters do I need to send to export the open document directly into Unity Reflect? (Unity reflect is installed with a test project ready to be used)

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey ZionxReload,
    This isn't a workflow that we support just yet. I'll ask one of our engineers to comment on your specific questions, to see if there's any way we can help
    David

ZionxReload likes this.
  3. Festina_Lente

Festina_Lente

Hi,
    I'm trying to do the same. It would be great if it was possible to export Navisworks project to Unity-Reflect using the command line.

Thank you in advance for your help.

ZionxReload likes this.
  4. ZionxReload

ZionxReload

looking forward to read the comments of the engineers! :)

5. smcilh

smcilh

Unity Technologies

Currently the Navisworks plugin can't be executed via CLI, this is something on my schedule, and I'll have some more information on the expected timeline in the near future.